Saturday, August 17, 2013

A look back at Summer

Happy Saturday! I absolutely love Saturdays in San Antonio. It seemed like there is always something to do. Whether it be the Farmers or going to the local coffee shop (which is where I am currently blogging from) there is always someway to have a good time. This is my last weekend before school begins again for the fall semester and it seems like I want to pack a bunch of activities into one last weekend before I have to go back to study mode. 
I have to say this has definitely been a great summer. Looking back I experienced many firsts and grew as a person in my personal, business, and career life. I say care life because I have actually gone out and  networked and attended more interior design events this summer than I have during the school year. I never realized how important networking, volunteering, and simply getting your face out there in the design community can help you in the long run. More students really should take advantage of what the professionals have to offer them. 
Okay, so other than working I also had fun and went out of Texas for the first time to go to Disney World, took my border collie Molly to the river for the first time, and this weekend I will be taking a wine tour for the first time in Fredericksburg, Texas. 
I have definitely transformed in these last three months for the better and I hope I have many adventures and experiences in this last year if design school. 
In terms of the blog I will definitely be expanding my posts into different territories such as DIYs, how to interior spaces, and some more consistent postings with my Weekend Shine. 
I hope that all you going back to school are prepared and ready for a new school year! Here are some photos from some of my more resent outings. 

Metrocon 2013 in Dallas, TX 



My favorite chair the Barcelona.






CEO of ASID, Randy Fisher giving a presentation at Design Within Reach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment