Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mcallen Dog Park: February 8, 2014


This past weekend Nelson and I went to the Valley. It felt good to be home after about a month of not visiting. Its kind of a bummer that we just can't take off when we want to, but we are "adults" now lol. 

While home we went to the Mcallen Dog Park with our neighbors on Saturday. I didn't even know Mcallen had a dog park! I was excited cause now I can take Molly out to play with some other dogs without having to be on a leash or worry about her taking off when she is feeling diva-ish and doesn't want to listen to me. We made it out there that afternoon when it wasn't too cold, and the pups were very excited. Our neighbors dog Zeus is a black lab/german shepard, I think, and he was so excited he even got out of his collar to run toward all the other dogs in the park. 

The Mcallen Dog Park was really nice. It had little hills and large open space for the dogs to run around in. They even had a separate section for dogs that are 25 lbs. an under so they don't get intimidated by the bigger dogs. I thought that was very considerate. It was a perfect afternoon of fun with the gang and I can't wait to go back again. Im sure Molly feels the same way too!



















No comments:

Post a Comment